Jane Goodall Institut – Austria and Terra Mater Factual Studios invite you to
Gombe60: In Conversation with Dr. Jane Goodall
It is a once in a lifetime opportunity – join Jane and help her celebrate this very special anniversary!
Six decades ago a young woman arrived in Gombe, Tanzania and began research that would revolutionise our understanding of both chimpanzees and humanity.
That young woman was Jane Goodall.
Sixty years on, Gombe is more important than ever.
It is the place where Jane’s story began,
and with your help,
we can make sure this story will never end.
Join the Jane Goodall Institute as we celebrate this milestone, hear from Jane herself and chat to JGI experts still working in the field today.
This very special evening of lectures, conversations and music will take place at the unique and historic Gösserhalle, Vienna on Tuesday 10th March 2020.
We would love you to be part of Gombe’s 60th anniversary celebration!
- Lecture about Gombe by Dr. Jane Goodall (English without translation)
- Opening speech by tba
- Musical support by Strings for Jane
- Stage discussion with Deus Cyprian Mjungu, Director Gombe Research, Dr. Rebeca Atencia, director of the chimpanzee sanctuary Tchimpounga, Kongo and Liliana Pacheco, Ph.D., Research Director, Senegal
- Autograph session with Jane Goodall to finish the evening – books and other merchandise can be bought at the event
- Hosts for the evening are JGI-A ambassador Ina Sabitzer and Patrick van Veen, biologist, author and speaker, chair of the Jane Goodall Institute Global
Tuesday, 10th March 2020
Doors open: 18:00
Event start: 19:30
Laxenburgerstraße 2B, 1100 Vienna, Austria
Early bird tickets are available from 09.00, 7th December 2019 to 20.00, 24th December 2019 – the regular ticket sale will begin afterwards. Tickets can only be purchased online on our website or the platform ticketjet. If you have any questions about the event, please contact our team at email@example.com.
Gösserhalle is accessible for handicapped. If a suitable place is needed, please buy a ticket and send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will then make a reservation for you.
Your participation supports the TACARE projects and the projects of the Jane Goodall Institute – Austria!